These are the silos at Welfare Square. Lindsay whispered to me, "They look like they are made out of paper machey." Then the missionaries told us they only took 8 days to build. Lindsay said, "Then there's no way that's paper machey. Cause if they were made out of paper machey it would have taken AT LEAST nine."
These are the missionaires that took us on our tour.
When we walked passed the place where the cheese is made, one of the missionaries said, "This is where we cut....I mean slice the cheese" Everyone started laughing. Then she said, "Sorry, my english not too good." We got cheese and chocolate milk samples. they were SO SO SO good!
On our way back from Salt Lake Jan realized we were almost out of gas. We were riding on empty. Gas was $4.03 right next to Welfare Square and she didn't want to pay that much. So we got on the freeway and stopped a few exits down. At Chevron it was $4.13 and at Sinclair it was $4.05. So we stopped there. It was still more expensive than $4.03. Then as were pulling out I noticed that the station right across the street was only $3.99. It was kinda funny. On the freeway we saw this car that on the back said "Call David at 404-3890" It didn't say why or anything. So when we got back we had Kiley call the number. She said something like, "David! I haven't talked to you forever. I've been meaning to call you but I didn't have your number. Then I saw it today!" She left it on the answering machine.
On our way back we were all talking about how guys like the smell of oil and tires and other weird stuff and girls like floral smells. So why don't girls wear tire perfume and guys wear flower cologne? Then we passed this part on the freeway that really smelled like oil. Sister Webber was like, "Quick! Bottle it up! One of us can wear it!" ha ha.
I just liked this picture so I put it up. Yes, these are the same shades Taylor bought at the Summerfest. The "chick shades" as he calls them.
I think the boys in my ward, to be perfectly honest, are wimps. Right when we got to the campsite Bo brings me his tent. There was a caterpillar on it. It was pretty big and cute. The colors were awesome. Turquoise and green and yellow. He refused to touch it. So I picked it up and let it crawl all over my arm. I named him Cotton. (Cause there were so many cotton trees)
Soon after we got to camp Taylor and Kapena saw this green shirt hanging from a tree. It blended in pretty well. So Taylor decided to put it on.
Perfect fit. Is that Don....or Julio?
Look at them pecs.
While I was up cooking our pizza Taylor came up from the stream and told me there was a snake down there. I, of course, didn't believe him because he's known for teasing. But there really was a snake! he said, "I think it's dead. I threw a piece of wood at it." Well I watched it for a minute or so. Then I was talking to Taylor and Kapena and I looked down and I saw less of the snake than I had before. I knew it either moved or the water moved it. So I told them. They looked down right as the snake's head popped out of the water and started swimming. This is right about when the big, tough guys turned into girls. They screamed. I'm not kidding. We were standing on the rocks in the stream and they got out so fast. The snake was MAYBE six inches long and a centimeter thick. I didn't think it was scary at all, I just laughed at them. You can see it right next to the rock in this picture if you look really closely. Not quite halfway down the picture.
For our dutch oven competition we made our delicious pizza! Jan tossed the dough. It was awesome!
This is Shelby decorating them.
SO yummy!!!
Our judge was Brother LeBaron. We even added garnish to the plate.
This is Brother LeBaron about to tast our pizza! We won best presentation on our pizza and then we won best tasting for our cinnamon rolls. (They didnt' give a best presentation award for the desserts, so basically we won best overall.)
The Laurels planned quite a few pranks. This one was succesful but we just don't know who was the victim. We taped those pop-it things underneath the toilet seat in the men's bathroom. So if they had to sit, POP! We know they popped cause we checked, we just don't know on who! (This was mainly planned for the priests, so hopefully it was one of them.)
The Priests' skit was pretty funny. One at a time they went up to the front and Bo would ask them "Where'd you get your shirt?" (or pants, shoes, hat, etc.) they'd all say "JC Penny." Then Taylor walks on stage in just a towel and Bo said "Who are you?" he said "I'm JC Penny." There's was funny but ours was better!
For our skit the we did the story of Running deer. There was an old chief (played by me) who had to decide which of his sons would become the next chief. So he sent them into the wilderness to see could live there the longest. The last one to come home would become chief. Running Deer came home but Falling Rock never did so he couldn't become chief.
We know he never returned because we see these signs all over Utah.
For our run-on the laurels were the olympic blanket tossing team. Bruce was our invisible flyer. He decided he wanted to go for the world record blanket toss so we threw him up and we couldn't find him so we walked off. Then I yelled "Bruce!" after another skit and we caught him. Notice our extremely attractive sweatbands.
On our way back we were all talking about how guys like the smell of oil and tires and other weird stuff and girls like floral smells. So why don't girls wear tire perfume and guys wear flower cologne? Then we passed this part on the freeway that really smelled like oil. Sister Webber was like, "Quick! Bottle it up! One of us can wear it!" ha ha.
I just liked this picture so I put it up. Yes, these are the same shades Taylor bought at the Summerfest. The "chick shades" as he calls them.
I think the boys in my ward, to be perfectly honest, are wimps. Right when we got to the campsite Bo brings me his tent. There was a caterpillar on it. It was pretty big and cute. The colors were awesome. Turquoise and green and yellow. He refused to touch it. So I picked it up and let it crawl all over my arm. I named him Cotton. (Cause there were so many cotton trees)
Soon after we got to camp Taylor and Kapena saw this green shirt hanging from a tree. It blended in pretty well. So Taylor decided to put it on.
Perfect fit. Is that Don....or Julio?
Look at them pecs.
While I was up cooking our pizza Taylor came up from the stream and told me there was a snake down there. I, of course, didn't believe him because he's known for teasing. But there really was a snake! he said, "I think it's dead. I threw a piece of wood at it." Well I watched it for a minute or so. Then I was talking to Taylor and Kapena and I looked down and I saw less of the snake than I had before. I knew it either moved or the water moved it. So I told them. They looked down right as the snake's head popped out of the water and started swimming. This is right about when the big, tough guys turned into girls. They screamed. I'm not kidding. We were standing on the rocks in the stream and they got out so fast. The snake was MAYBE six inches long and a centimeter thick. I didn't think it was scary at all, I just laughed at them. You can see it right next to the rock in this picture if you look really closely. Not quite halfway down the picture.
For our dutch oven competition we made our delicious pizza! Jan tossed the dough. It was awesome!
This is Shelby decorating them.
SO yummy!!!
Our judge was Brother LeBaron. We even added garnish to the plate.
This is Brother LeBaron about to tast our pizza! We won best presentation on our pizza and then we won best tasting for our cinnamon rolls. (They didnt' give a best presentation award for the desserts, so basically we won best overall.)
The Laurels planned quite a few pranks. This one was succesful but we just don't know who was the victim. We taped those pop-it things underneath the toilet seat in the men's bathroom. So if they had to sit, POP! We know they popped cause we checked, we just don't know on who! (This was mainly planned for the priests, so hopefully it was one of them.)
The Priests' skit was pretty funny. One at a time they went up to the front and Bo would ask them "Where'd you get your shirt?" (or pants, shoes, hat, etc.) they'd all say "JC Penny." Then Taylor walks on stage in just a towel and Bo said "Who are you?" he said "I'm JC Penny." There's was funny but ours was better!
For our skit the we did the story of Running deer. There was an old chief (played by me) who had to decide which of his sons would become the next chief. So he sent them into the wilderness to see could live there the longest. The last one to come home would become chief. Running Deer came home but Falling Rock never did so he couldn't become chief.
We know he never returned because we see these signs all over Utah.For our run-on the laurels were the olympic blanket tossing team. Bruce was our invisible flyer. He decided he wanted to go for the world record blanket toss so we threw him up and we couldn't find him so we walked off. Then I yelled "Bruce!" after another skit and we caught him. Notice our extremely attractive sweatbands.
This is Taylor and Kapena about to scare whoever is inside the tent. It was Brother Stutzman. They had their scary masks on. They didn't quite get the reaction they wanted but it was still funny!
A lot of people came home after the campfire program last night. Bri and I did too. But we had so so so so much fun!




1 comment:
Post a Comment