Monday, June 9, 2008

Legally Blind

I went to the eye doctor today. I asked him what my prescription was. He said it was 20/400. Perfect vision is 20/20. I said, "That's kinda bad right?" He said, "That's legally blind." That took my by surprise. I mean I knew I didn't have good vision but I didn't know that I was legally blind without my contacts. That's crazy! So then he put the dilation drops in my eyes and my pupils got really really big. He shined this really bright, small light right into my eye. He spent about a minute or so looking in each eye. I swear I could see the blood vessels in my own eyes while he was doing this. It was insane! It was really bright and made my eyes water. I was almost like I wasn't looking through my own eyes. Someday I want to look inside someone else's eyes. I think eyes are fascinating. When I told him I had to teach piano today he put some numbing drops in my eyes so he could put reversal drops in to make my pupils shrink again. I can't believe how numb my eyes were! They made my eyelids really, really heavy and I couldn't open them at all. So I came home and took a nap. It was a pretty intense morning!

3 comments:

Chrisanne Serafin said...

Hah! I've been legally blind since fifth grade! Welcome to the dark side love!

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

haha- When I read Chrisanne's comment, I thought, "Welcome to the Caribbean, love!" What a weird feeling for your eyes to be numb! That's crazy! I kinda want to know what it feels like, but I'm not legally blind, nor do I plan to be!

Chrisanne Serafin said...

When you get tagged you answer the same little survey thing I did on my blog, just on yours.