Friday, July 4, 2008

Dentist

A couple days ago I had to go to the dentist. I thought it was going to be an adventure because my dad was taking me. My dad NEVER takes me to the doctor, only my mom does. So this would be the first time ever in the history of all my entire life that my dad would take me. It was the first time I've ever been to this dentist. They called me back right away. Now comes one way my mom and dad are different. Mom always comes back with me, dad didn't. He just hung out in the waiting room and read 'People'. Which was fine, but what if something happened and the dentist accidentally pulled out one of my teeth! Then who'd save me?? Just kidding. Anyway they said the usual, "You need to floss more." ha ha, yeah I knew that was coming. Then came the good news. Dun dun dun!!! Two cavities. I knew if I had any they'd be on the back, bottom, left. yep. I was right. So I was done in half an hour. pretty fast. Then it was dad's turn. He was back there for an HOUR AND A HALF!!!!!! I was just sitting in the waiting room, waiting. Now I know why they call it a waiting room. They had no good magazines! Except a May issue of People which I read at a previous doctors appointment. Joy. I just sat there. Bored. But dad had a cavity and needs a crown! ha ha. He bet me he didn't have any cavities at all. He was sure wrong! But this visit to the dentist didn't turn out to be quite as adventurous as I thought it would be.

2 comments:

Chrisanne Serafin said...

Imagine being told you have 11 cavities... and then getting them fix and your wisdom teeth out. not fun.

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

No- imagine having 27 cavities before you go on your mission. True story! My older brother had 27 in one sitting! I do love my dentist though! And they always tell me that I need to floss more too... oops! hehe!