Day 1: The YCLs met at Ronda's house at 7:30am. We got up to Mia Shalom at about 10ish. It took a few hours to set everything up. The girls got there about 3. Of course, we were the farthest camp from EVERYTHING!! The BIFFYs were so far! So was firewood and the ampitheater. Kenzie and I were on firewood duty. It was up a hill then down a hill to get wood. We had a wagon to put the wood in, so I pulled her in it to the wood! :)
I cut my finger. I never had a cut that bled like that. It was weird. It didn't hurt too bad though. Then RIGHT after that I was decorating our tree and I was standing on a log that was pretty tall. It went up to about mid thigh. Well I was standing on it and I faceplanted! I have a baseball size bruise on my calf. I had dirt all over my face and a few scrapes. I'm never accident prone either!
During camp you talk about everything! and when I say everything, I mean everything! What happens at girls camp, stays at girls camp. That night we were all really hyper! So to calm us all down Lindsay pretended to be a relaxation tape. "Press your elbow into your mattress and hold."
Day 2: We got up in the morning and walked passed the lake and all the canoes were floating in the lake! What a prank!
We had our Iron Chef competition for lunch. Each team had a secret ingredient and had to create a side dish into it. The Stake leaders judged! we made maccaroni salad and got 44.75 points, potato salad also got 44.75 points and pasta salad got 45. I was surprised how well everything turned out!
It was skit night! It was skit in a bag. We got a whole bunch of random props and had to make them fit into a skit about integrity. (Cause that was our ward's value) We decided to start it out in a young women class learning about integrity. Lindsay was the teacher. She had this UGLY white dress on. Both sleeves were pinned up when we got it. They unpinned one sleeve and it went about a foot past her fingertips. Not kidding! and it had a big stain on the front, so they put a handkerchief over it. She said "I'm wearing the gown we made last week for mutual. Remember next week is alterations!" Then two days later in the skit, it was taking place at the grocery store called 'Inte-Grity Grocery'. Shelby was a girl from the yw class who was going to steal something from the store. She was with a friend who was also in the class tried to talk her out of it. When they went to check out, Emily was the cashier. I sat under Emily and was the 'beep.' Ya know, when they scan something it beeps? That was me! :) It rained really hard!!
Day 3: We got to sleep in until 7:45! There was some drama today...But that's what happens when you are with the same girls for this long. we had the YUMMIEST wraps for lunch today! mmm!!!! Lindsay and I decided we are officially changing the name of BIFFY to BIFFM. From Bathroom in forest for you, to bathroom in forest for me! :) I helped out with the faith walk that night. I think more than half of the girls in our ward were on their periods at some point during the week.
Merin (one of our leaders) walked into our cabin during the afternoon and said, "It smells funny in here." so Lindsay said, "Does it smell like period?" "Well, no, that's not what I was thinking. But let me go out and I'll let you know." So she walked out and came back in a few seconds later. "Nope, not like period, more like burnt marshamallows." It was so funny!
Ki pranked Ronda by putting a hand in her sleeping bag. It was sticking out a little. Then she put a pillow over it. So Ronda moved the pillow and there was a hand resting there! SCARY!! Ronda is so fun to prank cause her reactions are priceless! So Ki had to go to the BIFFY (BIFFM) and while she was gone Ronda decided to get her back. She had Lindsay put on Ki's scary mask and lay in her sleeping bag. Kiley got back and went to get in her sleeping bag and Lindsay sat up. Ki freaked out and so did Abby and Emily who went to the bathroom with her. They fell backwards onto the cot behind them and screamed. It was hilarious!!
About an hour after this we heard lots of noise from upstairs. (We had our 5 first years sleep up there. and Vicki moved up there too. Vicki is our assistand camp director) Well it sounded like they were either sawing a hole in the floor or playing musical beds...or something. So then Vicki comes down the stairs and says she has to go to the bathroom. She walks out the door and then we hear "guh guh guh guh" (the sound of someone falling down the porch steps) I was like "What was that?" Ronda said "Did she fall??" Lindsay said "If that's the sound of someone falling down the stairs, then yes." Then Ronda was like "Someone go make sure she's okay!" So they send me, the blind girl, to go check on her. When I got to the door, she was gone. Lindsay said, "Maybe something drug her off! But she didn't put up much of a fight!" At this point everyone was dying laughing!
Day 4: Exersise day! We got up at 6:30 to go on our hike! I thought it was going to be worse than it really was. It was about 3 1/2 miles or so. I'm not much of a nature girl, but I really tried hard! It took us about 2 hours. When we got to the top of the mountain we could see our camp and we yelled down to Ronda, who was cooking breakfast. She even heard us and waved back!! It was awesome!
We also had waterfront today. Each day our ward was in three teams and so we were in teams for waterfront. We played this whiffle ball game. The bishopric went out a few minutes before us and spread the balls ALL over the lake. Each ball had a number on it. (either a 1,2 or 3.) There were about three canoes per team and only one canoe at a time had the spoon. Only the canoe with the spoon could get a team's ball. And you couldn't use your hands to get the balls. You could only use the spoon. We got second place. It was a fun game! Usually for waterfront we just paddle around, but this gave us something to do! I was in the front of our canoe, Bri was in back and Lindsay was in the middle. When we came back to shore Lindsay had the spoon and was rowing with it. She was like "I steered us all the way back!"
After waterfront we had our confidence course. It was really awesome! We did the Wild Woozie. Where there are two wires across from each other that get farther apart. You stand on the wire across from another person. You link fingers and try to make it across the wire to the other end. Shelby and I made it really far! It was awesome! But it really hurt my feet.
Our testimony meeting was really, really good! Every single person at camp bore their testimony.
Day 5: We spent several hours loading up camp, then we went to the award ceremony. Our ward got the "fashion plate award" mostly because we tye dyed EVERTYHING purple. (That was our color cause we were integrity). Shirts, socks, bags, flags, backpacks, underwear, headbands, etc. But we also got that award cause of our amzing costumes during our skit! :)
The YCLs left about 10:30. Everyone else left after 1! So I was home and showered before the rest of the girls had even left! Camp was amazing! Mostly because we had the most incredible camp director in the entire world! Check out the sweet pictures!
Welcome to BOOT camp ladies!! This is Jan pretending to be our drill sargeant! She's so funny!
This is Lindsay frolicking in her skit costume. She was Sister White.
Every chance she got, Lindsay created her food into Utah masterpieces! This was her first creation: The Watermelon!!
Camp was a success!!






1 comment:
haha looks like so much fun!!!!
Lets hang girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment