Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Zoe, Zac... Same thing!

I have the funniest most embarrassing story! BUT I have to give a little background. For my major (school health education) I'm in this class where I go out to schools and kind of get my feet wet as a teacher. I'm at Lakeridge Junior High and the teacher, Mr. Anderson, is super awesome! If all health teachers were like him, no one would hate health class. Anyway, so today I took roll and every single student was there, which was a miracle. Later I was handing back papers and one said 'Zoe' on the top but I didn't remember calling a Zoe on the roll and I was still trying to learn names. No one raised their hand when I called out 'Zoe' and I thought it was weird because the top of the paper said A2, which was the same period we were in. I was thinking to myself, Someone in this class HAS to be named Zoe or they put a fake name on their paper... Anyway so I showed Mr. Anderson the paper and in the mean time this boy raises his hand and said, "I didn't get my paper back." Shoot. There's an extra paper AND a missing paper. Mr. Anderson looked at it and said, "His name is Zac..." HAHAHA oh my gosh I was so embarrassed! It looked EXACTLY like it said Zoe though. Or maybe I'm just going insane at a very young age... Anyway, the problem was solved, Zac got his missing paper back and Mr. Anderson called him Zoe for the rest of the class. The kids got a kick out of my dumb-ness and Mr. Anderson just said, "Welcome to life as a teacher." Oh gosh, what a day!
But good news though! I get to TEACH my first lesson tomorrow and I'm SOOOOOO excited for it!

No comments: