Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New state law requires fire extinguisher in Ashleigh's kitchen.

Oh my goshhhh! I've heard Nathan say some FUNNY things when he's almost asleep, but tonight was the BEST! I couldn't pass up writing about it! And I might just do this every time he does this.
Here goes.

Nathan was kind of zoning in and out (no doubt due to his insane work schedule) and I asked him a question but he didn't respond. So I said his name.
"Nathan..."
"...what..." (said groggily)
"You didn't answer my question."
"..The ads."
"The ads for what?"
"The first episode of that tv show you were just talking about." (I was definitely NOT talking about a tv show.)

I knew I was in for a treat when I realized how out of it he was. SO... I may have taken advantage of it. I waited a minute and I said, "Whatcha thinking about?"
"The waters"
"What waters?"
"The ones the customers ordered at the drive-thru.... I don't like it when they do that."
"Well why don't you like it?"
"I DO like it."
"What do you like?"
"The clothes you're making me."
"What clothes?"
"Not very good ones."

At this point I was busting up laughing! he said, "What's so funny? I'm not even tickling you." I jumped up to get my notebook so I could write this all down and as I got up he said, "I'm awake, I promise. Don't go goodbye." HAHAHA Don't go goodbye?? He's so darn cute when he's almost asleep.

A few minutes later, when I thought he was conscious again I asked, "What were you telling me about me making you clothes...?"
"It probably had to do with your birthday present."
"What was my birthday present?"
"Control arm holder thingies." (apparently this is a new piece of equipment or something he saw for work.)
"What are those?"
"Well it's a state law that you have to have a fire extinguisher."
"Why?"
"For when you cook."

Oh my gosh I had tears rolling down my cheeks from laughing so hard. His speech was slurring and I could barely get my words out through laughter. Apparently I'm such a bad cook that the STATE is requiring me to keep a fire extinguisher handy. I guess I'll never know exactly which clothes I'm supposed to be making for Nathan...

No comments: