A couple things happened today.
First. I was at Macey's with my mom and Quinton. We heard on the intercom thing, "Free paring (how the crap do you spell that word...) for every adult (key word, ADULT) Macey's guest. Come to the bakery department now." Obviously, there was a catch. We listened to some guy who'd rehearsed his schpeel a bajillion times and you could tell. It was totally scripted. The whole time Quinton and mom were getting really into it. "NO! He'll TRIPLE our offer?" "A free set of steak knives!?" So the knives were cool, but I didn't have fifty bucks to spare. Just give my dang free knife. Tic tok tik tok. 20 minutes later. A few people got trapped by his rehearsed speech and just couldn't resist getting their hands on the 'forever sharp' knives... Mom and I waited in the line to get our free knives and he gets to me and says, "Are you over 18...?" Duh bozo. See the ring on my finger? Oh wait... I was SUPPOSED to have a ring on my finger by now.. "I'm 20..." Everyone laughed and said I should take it as a compliment. But considering the man I'm about to marry is already 10 years older than me, I really don't want to look like a minor...
While we were at Macey's I got Q an ice cream cone to entertain him during the amazingly incredible speech given by the man telling me I couldn't live without what he was selling. I asked him for a lick and you know what he said to me? "Aren't you trying to fit in a wedding dress?" Excuse me. I DO fit in my wedding dress thank you very much. AND I've lost 25 pounds. I just glared at him, smacked him in the stomach, and told him to shut up.
Happy Bri?



1 comment:
why yes i am!
Post a Comment