
The happenings of today were too funny to not write about. In church my calling is "Sabbath Day Co-Chair." Peyton is the other co-chair and we have a committee of 3 other people or so. 2 of our committee members are in charge of ward prayer and the other person helps Peyton and I out with the things that we need to do to make sure church (Specifically Sacrament Meeting) goes smoothly. Well Peyton is on vacation so I knew I was gonna have to take the reins on making the program this morning, but I wasn't anticipating Shauna being gone too. First of all, Peyton usually does the computer stuff, so I was hoping I would be able to make everything work. I was mainly worried about getting the hymns since the music committee is often hard to get a hold of. I budgeted the perfect amount of time to do what Peyton and I usually do, but I didn't set aside any time for what Shauna does because I didn't know she was gonna be gone. Ben (what a kind soul he is) offered to help me with copying and printing the programs. I think he's the executive secretary or something, so he was in the office with me. First, I couldn't remember how to turn two 1-sided papers into one 2-sided paper. After a few failed attempts, we got it. Then the copy machine started acting up. We had to restart it. (Time's a tickin') "Here you go ward, here's one program, pass it around and share. Or better yet, we'll put it on the overhead projector." Haha, it started printing again after we re-started it. Then 20 copies in we ran out of toner. Keep in mind it's 8:51 and church starts at 9:00! AAHHH! I didn't know how to change the toner, luckily Ben did! (tik tok tik tok). Before I know it, Ben had sent an army of men in to help me fold them and set everything up. We had to put up the bulletin board, make sure every other seat had a hymn book (that's a LOT of hymn books), put out the tithing slips, greet everyone with a program as they come in, etc. It doesn't sound like a lot, cause it's really not when the committee is there, but it certainly is when your by yourself and have 9 minutes before sacrament meeting starts... I'm glad there were so many people willing to help me though, otherwise I know I couldn't have done it alone. Thanks guys!!



No comments:
Post a Comment