Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm Tony, Can I Have Yo Numba?

Background information. No random guy I didn't know has EVER asked me for my number, and ESPECIALLY while I'm at work, wearing ugly clothes, smelling bad, sweating, and looking hideous. Yes, that's an accurate description of me while working.

The situation: Saturdays we clean pavilion for reservations. Community Park. Northeast pavilion. Jayme and I were minding our business when this guy rides his bike up and sits down at a table. That would definitely be something I would do, ride my bike up to random strangers and sit down in their way. Brilliant plan. He was there a few minutes before he said anything. Just as Jayme and I were about to leave (we were on opposite sides of the pavilion) he says, "What's your name?" to Jayme. "Jayme." "I'm Tony, can I have yo numba?" WHAT?! I let Jayme and him talk for about 20 seconds before I got the SOS vibe from her, so I went up to them. Then he asked for MY number! Whoa this guy has guts. First of all, if I were him I wouldn't want my number... Second, do I have stupid written across my forehead? Like I was gonna give a complete stranger my telephone number, especially when he promised a 'good time' this weekend. He just kept on talking trying to convince us. Any longer and I would have called Nathan to come rescue us. "Nathan! Help!"

Tony, work on your wooing skills. They're in need of some polishing.

2 comments:

Aleesha Bass said...

Can I have it? Work dat updo! Hahaha... he was probably following the example of that funny skit!

Ashleigh said...

Oh no he wasn't. He was being so dead serious. Kinda creepy...