Friday, August 13, 2010

"Congratulations! You're the Tenth Caller!"


As I was driving home from my parents house not 30 minutes ago I was listening to 107.9 and hear, "6 minutes and we'll be giving away some Neon Trees tickets." I thought to myself, "What the heck, I'm in the car, might as well try to win me some tickets." Anyway, I got home and they still hadn't given them out, so I decided to take a little drive around the fine campus that is Brigham Young University. A minute or so later I heard the sound that meant 'Call Now' so I dialed. Busy signal. Called again. Busy. On the 5th try it rang and I figured they'd for sure already given out the tickets. To my surprise I heard, "Hello who's this?" "This is Ashleigh." "Well congratulations you're the tenth caller and just won tickets to see the Neon Trees!" WHAT?!!!? I'd NEVER tried to win anything on the radio before and on my first attempt I won! Oh my good gravy I almost wet my pants with excitement! THEN I heard myself on the radio!! Now that's a strange feeling. The best part: The Neon Trees used to live across the street from me before they became famous. Crazy eh?? August 21, here I come!! Now, to find a date... ;)

1 comment:

Stephanie Lyn :) said...

Oh my gosh! That's so exciting!! haha! :)