Sunday, August 15, 2010

Flashing Lights!

Sometimes I feel like my life is just one giant adventure. I know I already posted today, but this story is a good one. Alright so I was driving up to Rexburg today after work and I was in about Tremonton. I was going the speed limit by the way, which is 75. Then this cop comes up behind me and just stayed there, tailing me. I was a little weirded out but I thought if I started going faster then he'd pull me over for speeding, but if I hurried and changed lanes then that'd make me look suspicious or something. Anyway, then his flashing lights came on. SHOOT! All these thoughts rushed through my head of possibilities the cop would pull me over. I'd NEVER been pulled over before and let me tell you my heart was pounding like crazy! So I pull over and the officer comes up to me and tells me I was going to slow to be in the left lane? I guess 75 isn't fast enough? I mean I know that the left lane is the fast lane, but I also figured that a COP wouldn't want me to speed? I dunno, maybe Box Elder County cops are just ridiculously bored. So he gave me a warning for "Impeding Traffic" and let me go. I'm not really sure what the definition of that is, especially because there really wasn't any other traffic around. Maybe 3 other cars even visible on the entire stretch of road. Oh well, at least it was only a warning and not a ticket. I can't afford a higher insurance rate. It did make me a little frustrated though. Grr.
Made it to Idaho in the end. :)

No comments: