Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do I get some kind of workman's compensation for this?

What's this? Two posts in one week? Must be some kind of new record. I was probably 18 the last time that happened.

I'm about to share the latest work adventures with you, mostly because nothing else exciting happens in the life of Ashleigh. Be excited. It's mostly just funny quotes. :)

First up. Yesterday the Orem Fitness Center provided a lunch for the parks employees and two funny things happened. There was a guy sitting at a table across from us who pulled up his sleeve, motioned to his farmers and said to his boss, Blake, "Do I get some kind of workman's compensation for this?" HAHA, it was super funny. (Hence the title of the post.) Then Blake said, "Nope, you could always roll up your sleeves... *smirk*" Blue eyed boy who Jayme thinks is cute: " Yeah but if I was gonna do that I should have done it from the beginning. I rolled them up a few days ago and then this hot girl walked by and I looked like a retard." Oh what a fantastic conversation to here.

The next funny thing happened at the barbecue too. This guy from another crew sat down with us and said to the guys I work with, "You have two girls on your crew? Man, I'd be happy all day long if I had two girls on my crew."


So today we spent half the day digging holes for a flow meter. We had to dig a big hole with a trench on each side the of the sidewalk then make a tunnel under the sidewalk with a machine called a Mole (Or Missile as Jose called it). Nathan had to rent the machine and it cost $90 an hour! Whoa! Anyway, so he lifted it out of the back of his truck and it looked pretty heavy, but he didn't look like it was straining him too much. I asked him how much it weighed and he said, "Probably about 100 pounds." "Wow! You can easily lift 100 pounds? I'd probably have to drag it on the ground. Can I try?" "...Okay so it's probably not 100 pounds, I just wanted to sound strong. It's probably more like 50." Oh Nathan, what a funny man you are.

Do you see this picture?? It's the first one I've ever taken with Nathan SMILING in it!! He usually hates his picture taken so he covers his face. :)

No comments: