
I have to tell you about the COOLEST thing that happened to me today!! I was walking down the stairs in the Tanner Building (which is a long walk, it's just one LONG staircase) and there were some guys at the bottom of the stairs handing out some flyer for a business club conference thing and I didn't really pay attention to them cause I'm not a business major. (Don't ask me WHY my health professions class is in the business building...but that's not the only random place I have a class. I have English in the Eyring Science Center and Book of Mormon in the library.) Anyway, the point is there were guys standing at the bottom of the stairs. I was a few minutes early to my class so I just sat down on a bench, thankful for a little break. I kept hearing these guys say something along the lines of "Come to the BYU Marketing Club conference tomorrow, there's gonna be food," (I don't know if that's the real name of the club, but you get the idea.) I turned around to look and I saw someone I was not expecting to see in a million years!! At first I didn't know he was. But I DID know that he looked SO familiar! For a minute it was driving me crazy cause I couldn't figure out how I knew him!! Then it hit me, RICARDO'S!! It HAD to be Lance from Ricardo's! (That was literally the best job I've ever had! And not just because there were a couple really handsome guys that I worked with. Oh, by the way, Ricardo's is a Mexican restaurant.) (I honestly think I have a really good memory for remembering people I've met, even only for a minute. Random tangent. Not even five minutes before this I ran into a guy by the drinking fountain who I met at the top of the Y a few weeks back. I only talked to him for like a minute up there, but I still remembered him.) So I sat there for a minute more, thinking to myself, 'It HAS to be him. Should I go talk to him? But what if it's really not him and this guy just has one of those faces that everyone thinks is familiar?' But I figured, 'What the heck, if it's not him, sure he'll think I'm a dork, but it's not like I ever have to see him again. I can walk into class and when I get back out he'll be gone and it'll be as if it never happened.' So I got up....my feet just kinda lead me there; My mind couldn't really change my feet's mind about walking in his direction. It was one of those awkward moments when once you stand up you really can't sit back down... like in testimony meeting. haha. So I walk up to him (of course he's in the middle of a conversation by the time I get there) and he looked at me and I said, "Can I ask you a really weird question?" He was like, "sure....?" "Did you used to work at Ricardo's?" "Yes!" "I KNEW you looked familiar! Lance right?" "Yeah, I remember you! You were the cashier." We proceeded to chat for a minute, reminiscing about the good ol' times and the people we worked with way back when and where they are now. Once we both left Ricardo's I NEVER in a million years thought I'd actually see him again. Wow, that's all I have to say. I always did think he was quite the stud, although so did every other girl who worked at Ricardo's, except the one girl he was into. (She's now married and expecting a baby.) It was a short conversation that we had, but it really was good to see him. Man, it sure did make me miss Ricardo's though. I didn't get his number, he didn't get mine, so I'll probably never see him again, but it was really nice to see him. Just thought I'd write about it. Who knows, maybe one day we'll cross paths again.
For your viewing pleasure I've provided a picture of the Tanner Building staircase. We stood talking at the very bottom. I can't remember if this is the entire staircase, or if there was one more level underneath this one. Anyway, just know we were at the bottom. :)



2 comments:
Oh the Tanner Building stairs... One of these days I'm going to climb up them and NOT get tired!!! hahaha!!! Mostly I just take the elevator though... ;) I love it when I see people here that I haven't seen in a while! It just makes me SMILE!!! I LOVE COLLEGE!!!!!! :D
I think it's funny how much I wrote about a ten minute time period. I'd rather walk DOWN the Tanner Building stairs. :)
Post a Comment