Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day of 4-H


As maybe one of you know, I'm a 4-H club teacher at Orem Junior High! And guess what! I teach a babysitters club! Sweet right??! Well anyway today was the first day and it went okay. I just feel like I'm a boring person and that junior high kids don't find it fun to listen to me... Half of them I think are forced to be there by their parents... Anyway, I hope I can make it fun for them! It was only the first week, it'll end up being great! :)

4 comments:

JAMIE said...

What exactly is the Babysitters Club?

Ashleigh said...

The Babysitter's club logo thing?? Those are books. Used to read them a lot actually! They were pretty popular! So Leslie had the idea that I should teach a 4-H babysitters club. Pretty neat right?? Should be fun as long as the kids like me! :)

JAMIE said...

So you will be teaching them the ins and outs of babysitting?

If so, you are the BEST teacher! I think you'll do great! :)

If you need testimonials, you let me know...hehe. Also, if you need some kids to practice on, you can have my crazy ones. :) I'll even tell them to NOT lock anyone in the basement. ;)

Ashleigh said...

haha not locking babysitters in the basement is probably a good thing. ;) That was funny.
Actually, I was gonna ask you if you could maybe come in sometime and tell them what you expect of a babysitter and I also wanted them to get a little experience with entertaining kids. So I was also going to ask you if there was sometime you could come in for those things? Especially cause your boys are in the perfect age groups.