I went and saw "Push" tonight with Jess and Steph. Before I give you my little review schpeel I'll put in the synopsis thing:Two young Americans with special abilities must race to find a girl in Hong Kong before a shadowy government organization called Division does. That's about as brief a synopsis as you can get.
p.s. The picture in this blog post about Push doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I think they coulda made a better one...
Anyway, I liked this movie okay. I guess it definitely could have been better. The ending made it seem like there should be a sequel because it left you hanging a little. If they don't make a sequel it's a dumb movie, because you walk out of the theater not knowing anything more than when you walked in. Actually, though, I didn't like Dakota Fanning in this. She has a potty mouth and let's be honest, for lack of a better word, she looks like a skank. For me anyway, when she swears it just almost makes my ears hurt. Because swearing is bad in general, it's even worse when she does it, she's a young girl. It makes her look so unintelligent. I liked the actor that plays Nick, Chris Evans, but I didn't like the character of Kira. (Camilla Belle, didn't she date Joe Jonas or something?)
So in this movie there are people called pushers, watchers, screamers, sniffers, movers, etc. (I don't know if I got the terms 'screamers' and 'sniffers' right, but you get the idea. You'll HATE the screamer people, I promise you. But not even in the way that you usually hate bad guys, they are just so annoying and stupid. I think they could have done a better job of creating those characters, personally. However, I love the logic they used while trying to hide the case towards the end. It's very creative! Some parts got a little bit slow, but the action at the end I suppose made up for it. I had my eyes closed for a lot of the end, you all know I don't do well with scariness in movies...or in real life for that matter.. haha!
Anyway, I'd give it 3 stars if they make a sequel. If they don't, I'd give it 2. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment