I have this nifty new app on my iPhone that make it easier and more convenient to blog cause I can do it a little at a time. And since my lovely sisters always get on my case about how I need to do it more I figure I may as well. Bri said I should blog about the child growing inside of me but it was a particularly bad day so I'll Write about that instead.
I don't understand how some professors maintain employment. I have my Doctrine and Covenants class this semester and while it is required for graduation, I was looking forward to taking it. I needed to find a section that was for 8am and there was one class at that time. I looked him up on ratemyprofessors.com (if you've never used it, just know it could save your life) and my first clue that I shouldn't take the class was that he was normally a psych professor. I HATE psychology. It's right up there with physics. No offense to psychologists, but sometimes the way they present themselves just rubs me the wrong way.
The second clue I had that I should have dropped the class was when, on the first day, he showed us a PowerPoint entitled, 'reasons you might consider dropping this class.' but I was stubborn and thought to myself, 'it's a religion class. It can't be that bad.' Oh how wrong I was.
I'm sorry I'm ranting this has just been building up and nathan's probably tired of hearing me complain.
So basically I like my religion classes because I feel the spirit and I learn new things. I don't feel like this is an unrealistic desire for a Doctrine and Covenants class, but I was wrong. Again.
He finds joy in proving students wrong. I swear he thinks he's smart enough to be an apostle right now and he's just biding his time at BYU until he's called in next April's general conference. He'll probably be translated by summer. And he's only 30 years old so obviously translation is quite the accomplishment. Just another ego boost.
He'll ask students what they think about a verse and no matter what they say he says it's not right. It's the gospel according to Professor DumbBum and no one else is allowed to have an opinion unless they agree with him. I have not once in five weeks of school felt the spirit and class is just contentious. I also haven't learned a thing about the doctrine and covenants except that Martin Harris and Oliver Cowdery were treated differently by God... He picks one topic a day and that's what he sticks with. I want to learn what's in the scriptures not his interpretation of one verse.
Oh yeah, and did I mention he had a class last semester where the highest grade he gave was a 32%. It's a religion class for CRYING OUT LOUD!!! And all his tests are essay only, meaning it's his interpretation of what's right and wrong. PS I have a test tomorrow. Fan freaking tastic.
I hate this class more than any other I've had at byu and I'm not even halfway done yet. I miss my awesome religion professors from past semesters like Johnson and Parker.
DUDE! Get over yourself and teach us the scriptures!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
What is that app called? It sounds like it could be my new best friend :) I hope things get better. That's rough having a teacher like that....
Post a Comment