Friday, April 29, 2011

adventures of an ill housewife

My dear kind and sweet husband shared his sickness with me. So guess what I've been doing all week. Watching lifetime movies in my pajamas. And my dear kind and sweet husband who gave me his sickness worked the entire time I was sick, which made it even worse.

Watching Lifetime movies alone at night is such a bad idea. I'm already afraid of the dark, add a murderer in a scary movie that happens to be a true story and it's just a disaster waiting to happen. And that disaster will be a power bill through the roof because every light in the house stays on for fear that the murderer in the movie will somehow break down the door and kill me too. Don't ask me how having all the lights on will save me, but it seems logical.

It's nice to not wear makeup all week, but Nathan probably thinks he married the bride of Frankenstein. Mmm nothing says sexy like a ratty french braid, a snotty kleenex, and a wife who looks like a zombie.

My fever, stuffy nose, cough, etc was joined by nausea last night. (I don't even know how to spell the word nausea, my computer auto corrected it for me.) Can one die of nausea? If the answer is yes then my death certificate would probably say around 3am. Maybe it was a sign that I should have been watching the royal wedding. Sorry Will. My sleep pattern since becoming sick has already been completely messed up. I'm nocturnal now. (I'd make a great raccoon. I mean it's what I already look like when I get out of the shower. When I actually decide to wear makeup.) Sleep all day because my sick body doesn't have the energy to stay awake, stay up all night tossing and turning next to a snoring husband because I slept all day.

It got better when I woke up in the morning. And by that I mean it got worse. I was so dizzy and nauseous. I had a coughing fit when I was putting cream cheese on Nathan's bagel, which made me gag since I was already nauseous. In the middle of all this the stupid bagel flew out of my hand and onto the floor. And that's not all. As Nathan was walking out the door for work he dropped the other half. So much for breakfast.

This morning also happened to be Nathan's sister's graduation from UVU. Even though I felt like barfing I went anyway. The whole time I had to remind myself of the reasons why I couldn't empty my stomach at graduation. 1- DUH. It'd be incredibly embarrassing. 2- I'd probably never eat honeydew again. And that would be tragic. 3- I hate throwing up. I'd rather go to the gynecologist than throw up. Worse. I'd rather go to the DENTIST than throw up. I'd rather go to the dentist EVER DAY than throw up. One day pregnancy will be a joyful thing in the Nye household.

On a positive note. My snot is clear again.

No comments: